Outreach funding will be changing in the fall of 2023. More information coming soon.
Welcome to Outreach Funding!
The ASUCR Outreach Coordinator in conjunction with the VP of Finance provides oversight of the development and operation of Outreach Allocation Funds at UC Riverside and works to ensure fair distribution and adequate use of funds.
Student Initiated Academic Preparation funds are made available from the California State budget legislation. The purpose of the Outreach grant is to fund student-led academic preparation activities, and increase the educational capacity of California schools and educational opportunities for students from economically disadvantages backgrounds. Outreach events funded by the outreach grant must be specifically geared for California elementary, middle, high school, and transfer students, with the goal of having those students enroll in an institution of higher education.
Apply for Outreach
Eligibility to apply
- Organization must be registered with UC Riverside Student life.
- Organization must have a sponsoring department with the Director's approval signature.
- Organization must plan and host the outreach event on campus.
- Submit your organization'a application through this form. Deadline to sign-up is 3 business days prior to hearing date (Friday, March 10th, 2023 at 10:00 AM).
- Optional: is is advisable that grant requests receive a preliminary review (available by appointment) by the Outreach Coordinator. To schedule an appointment contact the Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com.
- A member(s) from your organization must attend an Outreach funds hearing, present and explain the event in detail.
- Applicants and Directors will be notified by email after the decision has been made by the committee and been approved by the ASUCR Senate.
- Activities shall be UC Riverside student initiated.
- Activities must include academic preparations efforts that contribute to increasing the academic achievement of educationally and or economically disadvantaged students to encourage achieving eligibility for college and University admission.
- Activities shall focus on the recruitment and membership of junior high, high school, and community college student from underserved schools and communities.
- Activities shall include a framework of accountability, both financially and programmatic, that adheres to University policies and procedures.
- A detailed agenda of the activity including the times and locations.
- A list including all of the targeted schools for the event must be provided.
- A graphic can be found here that categorically details what ASUCR Outreach is able to fund.
For any questions, or to set up an application review appointment contact: Outreach Coordinator vic email firstname.lastname@example.org