The ASUCR Bear's Den
- The Bear’s Den is for official Registered Student Organization (RSO) business only. No study groups or social events outside of the RSO are permitted.
- Only official RSO Reserver (as listed on Highlander Link) may reserve the Bear’s Den.
- RSO may not “sponsor” events for the profit of an outside group or person. All events must be for UCR students.
- Events/meetings must be coordinated and controlled to keep a good level of decorum in the group. Pro-staff members of ASUCR reserve the right to ask the RSO to vacate premises.
- Excessive sound and/or noise is not permitted.
- All trash must be gathered and disposed of at the conclusion of your event/meeting. Excessive amounts of clean up may result in a clean up fee being charged to the RSO. It is the responsibility of the RSO to notify ASUCR if the room is dirty or messy upon entry. Failure to do so could result in your organization being liable and being charged a cleaning fee.
- Damage to room, equipment, walls, or furnishings may result in repair fees being charged to the RSO. (This does not pertain to every day wear and tear).
- No nails, tacks or tape may be used to affix items to walls or furniture, and hanging items from ceiling fixtures and exposed pipes, etc. is strictly prohibited.
- If furniture must be moved for an event or meeting, it must be returned to its original position prior to the RSO leaving the room.
- Sale of foods is strictly prohibited. Eating of food must be approved by ASUCR prior to reserving room, and be confined to the table area. Absolutely no food is to be handled on the sofas, chairs or ottoman.
- Stains on furniture due to food, drink, or other items may result in a cleaning fee charged to the RSO.
- ALL items left in room will be subject to throwing away or being turned into the HUB Lost & Found. ASUCR is not responsible for damage or loss of merchandise or articles left in the room following a reservation.
- No animals are permitted inside the Bear’s Den with the exception of Service Animals.
- No bicycles are permitted inside the Bear’s Den.
- There are two security cameras in the Bear’s Den that are running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Cameras will be used as a means of determining RSO room violations.
- RSO must check out a key from the ASUCR Front Desk before use. For evening use, RSO must check out a key on the day of the reservation before 5:00 p.m. All keys should be placed in the drop box prior to departing the Bear’s Den.
- Lost or unreturned keys will result in a $250 charge to the RSO.
How do I reserve the Bear's Den?
- Complete the Bear's Den Reservation Agreement online or the pdf version and drop it off with the ASUCR Front Desk assistant (ONLY Reservers on Highlander Link can reserve the Bear's Den) or you can fill one out at the office. This is only done one time per academic year.
- Come to or call the front office to reserve the bear's den as follows:
Reservations may only be made on a quarterly basis as follows:
- Fall: starting 1 week prior to beginning of quarter
- Winter: starting finals week of Fall quarter
- Spring: starting finals week of Winter quarter
- Summer: starting 1 day after commencement.
Reservations will be made on a “first come, first served” basis for Fall. Fall reservers will be put on a waiting list for Winter until the first day of class. Winter reservers will be put on a waiting list for Spring until the first day of class. No preferences will be made for Summer reservers. Reservations may not exceed a 2-hour time slot. Reservations are from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m (meaning the last reservation begins at 9:00 p.m. Please note the restrooms in the HUB close at 11:00 p.m.). Campus organizations may reserve a maximum of one time per week per quarter.